Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gratitude

Sorry, for those of you who skim the words to see the pictures, I was enjoying myself this past weekend to much to remember my camera - so there will only be boring words.

We had such a fun Thanksgiving. My whole family was here which = craziness, which = fun! It was nice to see all the Californians and their kids again. On Thursday Aaron snuck in a tackle football game which makes his day, rather week, complete (he's still paying for it too) that morning and then we headed off to my parents house. We took pictures, ate a fabulous meal (thanks mom), played around, and then it was my turn to sneak flowrider in that night to make my day complete :). Above the food and all, it was so fun to enjoy and play with my siblings and nieces/nephews. They are just too cute. We had so much fun that both me and Aaron agreed that the day flew by.

On Friday Evening we hosted my family at our house for a fondue party. I've never done fondue before, so it was a learning experience. We had a chocolate fountain (which is all you need right?) and then some cheese fondue dip - which was too thick to "dip" so we improvised and put it on our plates to dip. Live and Learn. After dinner we headed to the Spanish Fork Light Parade. My neighbor is actually the one who puts it all together - he's like an old little boy. They have disney figurines, lighted trains and firetrucks, misc parade stuff, and moving christmas trees. I thought it was fun - just to see the kids reaction to it. Travis was higher than a kite and loving life - probably since he got to play outside in the cold when it was bedtime.

Saturday was such a nice relaxing day. We went and got Aaron some highly needed jeans and then we (me and the kids) talked him into going to Red Robin, although it didn't take much talking into. We relaxed all day together taking naps and watching football - it was so nice!!

Anyways, besides all this, I am grateful for this time of year for a lot of reasons. Families get together, I spend more time thinking about what I have been blessed with, Christmas season comes and I am reminded of all the symbolic demonstrations of Christ. This year we have been so blessed, of course we had our days, but man, I'm just pinching myself sometimes to see if my life is real. I have an amazing husband, two fun healthy kids, and a roof over our heads with plenty of food. I have the gospel to remind me what is really important in life so that I can continue to do the things that bring true joy. I have been given a great education (although most can't tell) and can read almost anything I want to enhance it. I have enjoyed good health all year! Ever since I tore my acl, and then had kids which brought different health issues, it has been nice to enjoy a year of just focusing on taking care of my body. So refreshing. Me and Aaron have been blessed to go on two vacations just us.....and the list goes on. What more can I say than to stand amazed. I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and are enjoying Christmas being in full swing!!! It's such a great time of year!!

3 comments:

Melissa O said...

Seriously, your thanksgiving sounds awesome. You are such an inspiration. Hearing you talk of how much you are grateful for is very cool. It reminds me of all the things I'm grateful for.

Terra said...

I saw the pic on Lacy's blog and it was party, for sure! Way to go. Would you please send me your mailing address so I can get you guys a Christmas card?
terradaniel@hotmail.com
Hope you have a great Christmas!

Gunn Family said...

You deserve all the happines in the world! You two are so fun! Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!