


That night we went to Bar J Wranglers. I had heard a lot about them and always wanted to see what the fuss was all about. They were very funny and entertaining. Even though I just caught a glimpse of the performance here and there (kids just wanted to play around outside) it was really fun (all except for trying to feed Travis an unbelievable messy dinner while he was on my lap - and then getting peed on by him.......again - thank goodness I brought an extra pair of pants!).

Travis loved all the animals, kids, and things to discover at G&G Hoopes'. Unfortunately he got sick, which I swear happens every time we go to Idaho - our luck, but the pour kid has 4 molars coming in - so he wasn't too happy. Whitney was just thrilled to have so many cousins to play with.
Saturday was the big hike day. It's a long hike - but pretty and has an incredible view from the top. It's pretty much very steep up and down (obviously). The hike really didn't seem that hard - probably since me and Aaron are used to doing it was a kid strapped to us.Anyways, we had a great time - a definite highlight of our summer adventures. Thanks G&G Hoopes for the fun and hospitality! (For you Davis Highschoolers out there - if you look closely I still have my wind jacket from Junior Committee - pretty much the last of my DHS memorabilia). Enlarge this next picture to see what the sign says - good thing it was dark so Bev didn't see :) - in case you can't - it pretty much says Trail not maintained, Very Steep, Not recommended.
I had to put this picture in because we teased mom quite a bit about the train she made them do. My mom is not the biggest fan of hiking on slippery terain - which it was - shale rock. But she managed with the help of her husband and Aaron's dad.




6 comments:
I can't enlarge the picture! What did the sign say???
That looks like so mch fun!! I love to hike, but its not Matt's favorite, so we don't do much. Maybe next time I am out there, weather is nice and neither is prego we could do Timp or Nebo or something.
Travis is so cute! i cant believe he wasnt scared of that horse, he looks tiny in comparison :)
Gorgeous! Sounds like a great trip! And way to go go Bev and Lyle! Fun times!
Melanie, I loved the pictures. Especially the ones with your parents in them. I still see them every once in a while around the area. But I just love your mom. She's sooooo dang cute/nice!
Melanie, you make me tired with all you do. Wow. You are amazing. You inspire me to make my vacations an all out exercise regime.
Looks like you are enjoying the last bits of summer and beginnngs of fall. You go girl.
Post a Comment