Monday, April 14, 2008

Pretty Princess


I remember my mom saying how she tried to get me to like prissy things growing up like - the color pink :). But the more she tried the more she realized some kids just came a certain way - and I was a "tom boy" through and through (sadly I looked a little to much like tommy boy). Well, I'm experiencing this first hand now through Whitney. She is such a girls girl. If she could she would wear a dress everyday, play dress-ups, put on make-up, get her ears pierced, wear high heels, and dance like princesses. I really don't have a problem with it, since she does know how to through and kick a ball too. It just cracks me up how I could have such a prissy daughter. But really I think she just might have an easier childhood playing barbies with friends than me pretending to like playing barbies with friends but wishing I was playing football or soccer outside like the boys were. Yesterday all the kids were out in the neighborhood and two of her friends had on their "pretty dresses". Whitney ran inside our house in almost an excited panic yelling "I've got to get my pretty dress like Hallie has." So we slapped on one of her pretty dresses and she ran off to play as happy as could be. Although I still don't completely understand this it is so cute. So I had to get a picture.

8 comments:

Melissa O said...

I love it. Too cute.

Terra said...

Girlie girls are the best! And it is possible to throw a football in high heels and a ball gown. :)

Gunn Family said...

So cute Mel! Gotta love the girlie girls and all the DRAMA that comes with it!!:)

Amanda said...

So who buys her all the princess stuff anyway Mel ummmmmmm? She makes a cute little princess that's for sure.

Scott and Jillian said...

Hi! How are you guys doing? So nice to see you and your cute kids on here! ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

So here I am again, stalking you, but Ali gave me your blog and I had to comment. Your kids are unbelievably cute and you look awesome. I am assuming you are in UT? I read your post about no sleep...was Travis a really hard babby? As the mother of 2 children who were very colicky I am VERY SYMPATHETIC! Anywho, love the blog and glad I can keep an eye on you now!

Kristin said...

Love it that Whitney is such a girly girl! So perfect for you!