Thursday, February 21, 2013

Basement stuff

Wonder why I haven't blogged in forever?  I can tell you exactly why in one word.  Basement. 

The beginning of December we started framing the basement.  We added vents, electrical, doors, moved doors, did lighting, insulation, ect....

Seems like every Saturday and spare night has been spent making progress on the basement.  It's been fun but hard to juggle all I normally do and try and do the basement on top of it.  And our poor kids are orphans every Saturday. 

But enough whinning, we are almost done.

Here's one of the chores I loved most.  Demolition!

We tore out the wall at the bottom of the stairs.  The kids were excited to help.  Although, not to brag too much, but my mean tae bo kick is what really did the wall in :)



 End result = openness.  I love it.


 I am especially thankful we got an awesome bid for someone to put up the sheetrock and mud/tape.  We could've have done it but that would mean 2 more months of our kids being orphans and me cursing sheetrock.  We don't really get along.  So before the sheetrock project started we cleaned up and had a roller party.  Bikes, ripsticks, rollerblades and scooters were invited.

 Whitney peaking through the window into the playroom under the stairs.  Yeah, I caught this on camera as she passed by...that's why it's a blur.
 And . . . hold your breath... After one day, that's right, one day of our guy sheetrocking we have a ceiling!!  Makes me so happy .  With each cut and screw I hear him do downstairs at the moment I smile, knowing I'm not doing it! :)

No comments: