Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mom's 60th birthday

Conference weekend we surprised my mom for her 60th birthday party. If only I could be more like my mom....she's my inspiration!! She deserves a lot more recognition than a simple party!
                                    
The family gave my mom 60 postcards from people throughout her life plus postcards from all her kids and grandkids.  It was a fun project and I'm sure I got more out of it than she did.  I looked forward to reading the postcards as they came in the mail...they were my highlights at the end of a crazy month.  It was such a reminder to me that life isn't just getting from poing a to point b and accomplishing as much as we can (something I tend to do :)), it's about the memories and relationships we make along the way.  My mom is a champ in that department.  She is social with everyone and genuinely interested.  Now that I'm a mom little things like how she knew all my friends, roommates, and social situations as well as all my siblings', is simply amazing!
 My dad spoiled us with cafe rio and an amazing birthday cake.

 This picture sums up my mom.  Fun and always happy.  She is selfless and always giving to others.  We enjoyed sneaking in a fun surprise party between conference sessions.  Love you mom!

No comments: