Friday, December 23, 2011

my work is done

So yes, this post is about the kids room... and I finally have some pics I will allow to show you ... but first, what did my kids do the day before Christmas Eve?

Threw a surfer party of course hope they still love the concept of surfing when they are old enough to do it!

So here is the product of my months of labor. This project has kept me busy! I loved it, but at the same time I'm ready to relax and just chill with my kids. So here the mostly final look - minus the baseboards and closet.



view from the doorway entrance.


When they do move into the room there will be two twin beds and a white dresser on this wall.



Dryerase board and their cork boards to show their artwork. I'm excited about how this turned out!


Just another view.



And there you have it. I really enjoyed painting the sun, castle, hills and clouds. Even after I tapped, mudded, textured, and Aaron painted. But like I said it was a lot of work doing it in the few moments of free time (Hailey's nap time) that I had. I think having a fun room to send my kids to will ease my transition of sending my kids downstairs to sleep!



Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Jared, Lindsay, and Trae said...

AMAZING!!! Seriously Mel, their room turned out so great! Can't wait to come see it in person.

Emily said...

Wow! It looks awesome! Any kid would be jumping up and down for joy to get to have that room. Nice work!

Harley said...

So very fun! It turned out great. :)