Thursday, December 15, 2011

gingerbread mansion

We have been crazy busy this month. At least I feel like I have. But I think today was a turning point. I finished my portion of Whitney and Travis' new room. I painted clouds, sun, castle, hills, ect... and now all that's left is a few finish work items . . . for Aaron :)

One of our traditions is decorating gingerbread houses, but this year we went bigger.

Hailey ate candy, and played in the kitchen. She's obsessed! She can't get enough of painting and play kitchen/food. Sunday we pulled out the graham crackers and started construction.

It was going to be a castle. But turned more into a massive cottage.




Then Monday, the decorating began









The boring back, mostly decorated at the end with all the leftover candy.


The finished product.



Whitney, Travis, and surprisingly Aaron were pretty into it this year. It was fun to see Whitney's creativity and Travis do more than eat the candy! But now that it's been a couple weeks the candy remaining is sparse. It's almost demolition time :)


2 comments:

Emily said...

You guys always make the most awesome gingerbread creations! Love it! Merry Christmas! We are going to miss not seeing you this holiday...hopefully we'll be out soon.

Harley said...

That is amazing!