What have I been doing for the last month? I feel like I've been working my life away. Every spare moment went to mudding, sanding and preping a couple rooms downstairs. It was long, hard work. Although, oddly, I enjoyed it. But by the end of the project, exhaustion definately set in.
Here is Aaron finishing up his office. His office looks great since it's what I mudded last, after I'd messed up and learned on the kids room.

Yes, this room is A LOT of blue right now! I have big plans for it though. It's far from perfect. I cringe when I look at it, and will definately be doing some touch up work and painting again when I recover. This will be Whitney and Travis' room when our next midget comes. Plans include painting hills, sun, clouds, and an awesome castle :) I'm quite excited.

Plus, on the other wall they will have a huge magnetized dry erase board. right now it's only magnetized, so picture it white and framed.

Another view of Aaron's office. He wanted a dry erase board like the kids to write all his work stuff on - oh, and to hang up a nerf hoop on :)

So this is where the project all began. I knocked out this wall at the bottom of the stairs. It added a lot more work for me and Aaron but I love it. Instead of our kids staying in a downstairs apartment it's more like an extenstion of our house on another level.

Aaron spent all day last wednesday painting. It's amazing how much more finished it looks when you add paint. Plus, we added some scrap carpet to fit the rooms and hall which helps also. Perhaps some updates will come in January when we are recommitted to doing all the finish work!
3 comments:
I cannot wait to see Whit and Travis' room!! Such big fun plans! And Aaron's idea for the nerf hoop brought a smile to my face...I know Jared would be all over that too. Awesome Mel!
AMAZING! I am super impressed that you guys did it all yourself and love the dry erase boards right one the wall. So cool!
Wow, you guys have done a ton of work! It's going to be awesome when you get it all done.
Post a Comment