Sunday, October 16, 2011

San Fran

Me and Aaron just got back from a four day trip to San Francisco. It was really fun, although, my favorite part wasn't necessarily the sites. Looking back my favorite part was visiting with Matt, Lacy, Reagan, and Nolan. They have done an amazing job on their house! I still feel back that I practically lost my voice and couldn't finish reading to Reagan, maybe next time :) Between Lacy's Gourmet cooking and Matt being our tour guide, you don't get much better hospitality!

After playing at the Rasmussen's Matt took us the next day to see some sights that would require driving. It was a foggy, wet day, and I was grateful for it! The rain, if you could can it that (more like a snow globe of mist in the air) and the coolness felt awesome now that I'm more insulated :)

First stop: A major life-changing site for me. These painted ladies (houses) were shown on Full House before every episode. I was an addict to this show as a kid. So it was fun to see such an impactful place in person. If only Uncle Jessie still lived there . . . . Then Matt took us to see San Frans "central park". This park is HUGE and with all the running paths I was itching to strap some rollerblades on and go explore! Here are some buffalo in a seperate field. Cool, but yes, a little random.


Next, to the Golden Gate Bridge. Here is Matt and Aaron checking out a sample of what the bridge cables are like.





Like I said, it was a foggy day, so yes, there isn't a "view". But I thought this view of the fog and the bridge was even cooler than your typical sight.






Driving over the bridge.



Other side of the bridge, aka, parting the veil and about to enter heaven, kind of looks that way right?




Then, our favorite site of the day, and perhaps trip: Muir woods. Aaron told me he was happy we got to see it when it was "misting" outside. It gave the whole park and cool affect.


Here's how massive these tree stumps are, and this isn't the biggest.


Aaron in front of a massive tree


Our tree home



Aaron made me turn around and take a different picture after this. Although, I like this one, becuase in the last two weeks of pregnancy especially, my behind feels about this big!



Yes, I loved how massive and amazing the trees were. But I really got a kick out of their "fur". Some of these trees looked almost like scary animals ready to pounce. As Matt pointed out I kept saying everything was "nuts!"






Aaron climbing to explore.




It was really fun to explore and be outside, and talk with Matt, something I don't get to do very often since I'm allergic to the phone:) We also enjoyed some In 'n Out, and Lambard street (the most crocked street). The hills these rodes are on were crazy, It seriously felt like a rollercoaster ride!


The next day me and Aaron took off to Fisherman's Warf, on a cable car. The station, along with all the shopping, was right outside our hotel. Cool ride, yes. Worth waiting an hour to get on, mmmmm. debatable.



hanging onto the cable car





After exploring some of the piers and getting lunch on pier 39, we headed to our Alcatraz tour. This sign I so badly want hanging in my house.


Our clearest view of Alcatraz. The fog would surround us one minute and then clear out. It moved so fast! I like this pic too because of how massive the barges were.


On our boat ride over the fog covered us. It added to the cool feeling of going to Alcatraz.




Seeing these showers reminded me that there is probably little difference in the housing facilities between Alcatraz and the MTC. I think they hold a lot of similarities :)






Aaron standing in front of the cell to show how small they were


Me and Aaron got a good laugh at this sign. He tries to enforce this rule in our house, but sadly, it is never obeyed.




This is our boat


Sweet view on our way back of the city


The next day I shopped. After two and a half days of walking non-stop! My pregnant body was exhausted. For two days I literally walked and stood for at least 10 hours. I am now aware that if I want a "relaxing" vacation it will require a beach. If it's a city, I just have to see as much of it as I can! We had fun eating out, and catching up on a few movies. My favorite being the last Harry Potter!


By Thursday I was ready to see my kids and be back to my usual routine. It funny how being adventurous can sometimes remind you that your non-adventurous life really is watch makes your life completely fulfilling!


Grandma said the kids were good. I'm sure they weren't as good as they should've been. But she gave them a passing grade. So on Friday we had a friends party as a reward. Wow, it was quite a party.


Hailey sampled the cupcakes for me.

Cupcakes and Halloween stickers to start.




Then, randomly I brought up the idea of a homemade pinata. The kids thought that was a great idea. So, out of an empty cereal box and some paper, boo, the ghost, was created.


They enjoyed a movie much more while they enjoyed their treats.

Life is good. Feels good to be home. Thanks A MILLION to my mom for the getaway. It was a great break, and a great reminder of how much I love being a mom. I think I'll need to remind myself this after I have this baby!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Hey we loved having you guys! I am not sure about any gourmet cooking, though...but Matt really does rock it as a tour guide!

Loved the pic of you in front of the painted ladies. In Uncle Jessie's own words: "Have Mercy!"

Emily said...

I'm so glad that you got to go with Aaron after all! It looks like you had a blast. San Fran is definitely on my "to visit" list....