Tuesday, September 13, 2011

brag time

Since I don't have a lot to brag about when it comes to athletics or academics (I know, I never did in academics), I guess I'm trying new things. These new "skills" are laughable to me. Not because they aren't handy. But because I still can't picture myself doing them.

First example. Chicken pot pie, crust from scratch. I can't submit to the boxed chicken pot pies due to the insane amount of fat grams listed. But I love me a good pot pie.

My helper


One day I went out to the garden. Started picking tomatoes. Filled about 3 grocery bags full. Felt guilty. Why? Because I knew I had free bottles (from my grandma), a canning pot from my grandma, and a thousand tomatoes that would rot on my counter. Canning scares me. I feel like if I mess up I might blow up the house. But for a couple days in the beginning of September I tucked away my fear of failure and attempted canning salsa. It actual went surprisingly well. Will I do it again. Probably not willingly. Only if I have a thousand tomatoes on my counter again. But I did make 3 batches. Here's the first batch.





That's it. All I have to brag about. Oh, and I did cook a whooping' 70 hamburgers last night on the grill for some hungry freshman football players. That was the easy part. The hard part was the fly hunting I did all day to kill some 50 flies that came in my house during the party.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh my word!!! You have every right to brag! You made amazing things!!! I'm drooling...

Jared, Lindsay, and Trae said...

I love this post. Don't know how it slipped by me! Way to try out the Betty Crocker ways mel :) And canning salsa...your salsa...now that is something worth doing! Yummers