What did I think. Well, the first mile into slicrock, I told Aaron he should just shoot me or push me off a cliff - that would be a lot faster, less tormenting, dragged on, death. I'll even admit after a person informed us we were nuts not to have helmets (which I completely agree - I wish I was in football pads as well) because his friend just flipped over his bike and separated his shoulder I was completely frustrated. To the point of misty eyes. I couldn't die in a place that looked like this:
Don't get me wrong. The red rock was pretty and cool. But the view reminded me of where the Indians would send off their elderly members to wander and die. I had kids to take care of! After a mile the path calmed down significantly. When I didn't fear for my life anymore, it was actually, somewhat fun.


That night we climbed up a huge rock and watched the sun set. I honestly can't remember the last time watching such a pretty sunset while camping. We camped under the stars and enjoyed every moment without kids and relaxing together. Camping is a lot more relaxing without kids. I'm glad to say I survived with only some sprained toes and ego. Thanks again to my mom for watching the kids. You're my hero!




2 comments:
Man, I love Moab...So fun. Although, I totally understand the unnerving feeling you get when you first start out. That terrain is CRAZY. I seriously had a major breakdown my first time there -- but once I got over it, I had the time of my life! :) So, you aren't the only one...So glad you had fun.
But the view reminded me of where the Indians would send off their elderly members to wander and die...hilarious!
Post a Comment