It's always a celebration for me to see January come and go. This January honestly went by pretty fast for us. It was a crazy month. I think if it's going to be cold outside then it should at least snow and have something to play in. But that didn't happen.
Aaron was on business trips the first two weeks of the month. How did we keep busy? We've seen a lot of movies, had a lot of popcorn parties, done a lot of kid puzzles, and of course coloring. The past two weekends of the month Aaron has been working on building some "man space" in the basement to retreat to (office). It has been fun to watch, but a lot of work for him. The kids have been awesome this month and we're excited that we're now that much closer to baby Hailey coming. Here are our highlights:
-seeing Princess and the Frog: This is when I realized the level of freedom I have now in my life that will soon leave. Both kids plopped on their seats and were thrilled to watch the whole movie at the big theatre. Whitney had her massive popcorn bucket and Travis had his candy.
-library story time and pajama night
-building a fort and sleeping in the family room night: I wondered how this attempt would work out. Aaron was on a business trip and so we pulled a mattress into the room and built a fort. Kids actually slept great.
-Shopping sprees with mom: Whitney got a skirt and Travis got bball shorts that they have worn pretty much every day this month.
-seeing Alvin and the Chipmunks
-Going to Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen's for FHE, playing with cousins and snowcones!
-Having Lindsay, Jared, and Bethany come and play. Making cookies with Lindsay and Jared at their house.
-seeing Cloudy with a chance of meatballs.
-AND THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THEM ALL - TRAVIS IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!! He has been for a couple weeks now. I guess the bribe of walkie talkies and candy were worth it because after about a week of training he was good. I'm so happy it was easy, it's over, and I'll only have one set of diapers to worry about when the next kid comes!
All in all that made for a pretty dang good January.
Fun Box
3 months ago




7 comments:
I can't believe you didn't mention pack meeting. I mean sheesh, my month revolves around them :)
I too am glad January is over and I am hoping february is just as fast!!!
Sounds like tons of fun.
hi please aaron conect to me ok my email zappyt2010@hotmail.com or cibellylinda@hotmail.com
i m from Brasil
please aaron conect to me ok
kisses
wow, I am soooooo jealous!!! I can't believe how much stuff you did while your husband was gone on a business trip (especially being pregnant!!). Whenever LAnce goes out of town, which has been a lot these past few months (which is KIILLING me!!!), I always feel like I lose control of myself and want to beat my children because they are being so CRAZY!!! But I'm not a very patient person. and um your little boy is potty trained!??!?!??!? our 4 year old has supposedly been trained for almost 9 months (Which is a long time, especially with him being so much older!!) but he still has SO MANY accidents. He has fought it the entire time, and I will tell you we tried EVERY bribery in the world. As of now, if he has an accident we just throw away his "BIG" boy underwear and put him back in a diaper for a day or so. It's seriously crazy!!!! anywho, LOVE reading up on your family and seeing how you're doing!!
stacey (frazier) pyne =)
Just had to tell you I love the name Hailey. I always have.
Ohhh, I'm jealous about the whole potty training Travis thing. Logan isn't even close...so I have 2 kids in diapers for a while now. :) Good job!
I am so glad January is over too! You are such a fun mom. Having your hubby go out out of town always makes the days seem a million times longer! Glad you survived him being gone and now are that much closer to spring!
Post a Comment