Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Travis!


Travis turned two yesterday...wich sounds old to me. That my youngest is now 2 - he acts every part of it though - from the tantrums to the talking. He is such a cute kid. Him and Whitney have become such good friends, which I absolutely love because they entertain each other a lot! For his birthday we went to the dollare store to keep thier minds off asking if we were going to chuck e. cheese every minute. Despite Travis wearing a dress every now and again or playing barbies with Whitney, he chose a manly sword - which made his dad happy. While Whitney chose a kite - something her dad will have to do with her since I am cursed at flying kites (if you remember from last years post).
Here is the cake I attempted - I say attempted because every step of the way I wasn't quite sure if the actuall cake was going to hold up - but ended well.

My kids had an absolute blast at Chuck E. Cheese. Thanks to my mom and dad, brooklyn, and Lindsay for coming and making a true party! My kids absolutely worship these people - so them coming topped everything off. Here is the crew at Chuck E. Cheese.They all even met Chuck E. - Brookly was fearless - that kid has guts! Travis wasn't as sure, but when he saw Brooklyn run up and give him a hug he lossend up.

Travis even blew out both of his candles...by himself...how much spit ended up on the cake is still a mystery.I love this picture. Lindsay was the entertainer. All the grandkids flock to play with her - probably since she is so fun with them. They loved that she would climb into the toys with them, since Selly wasn't there to ride the rides this year :) (once again see lasts years blog:))Travis opening his presents with his helpers. I think he actually liked having helpers - since it takes himself about 10 min. per present tearing off small piece, by small piece....Best for last - this is my favorite picture. Grandma got Travis this sweet lightning McQueen bike that he has ridden all day (yes I let him ride it inside - we are going stir crazy). If his arm wasn't shown you would truly wonder if someone was actually in the photo. I love it because it shows what a midget he is.

For Grandma's Viewing pleasure - a video of Travis on his new "wheels"

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Happy Birthday Travis! Im sad you didn't get lindsay to ride the selly ride, that would have topped off the day.

Emily said...

It looks like he had a great birthday! Wish we could have been there! Miss you guys! :)

Amy Schelin said...

Happy Birthday speedy legs. Travis makes me melt.

Harley said...

What a party! I love that hat, that is an awesome tradition.