Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My buddy

Today Whitney got to go to a Halloween party for playgroup. Travis absolutely hates playgroup because he is not invited and loses his friend sister. I decided to utilize a beautiful day and try to distract Travis by going to the bridge and throwing rocks into the river. I didn't even need a plan - this kid is a nature kid. We finally made it home after a 75 min. walk, then I did yard work while he wandered and discovered dirt, rocks, weeds, and daisy (our neighbors dog that Travis LOVES) for another 75 min.

First he found a dog....

I love his "seriously business" face, definately gets that from his dad
Travis is obsessed with these things. Somehow, wherever we go he finds them and gets so excited. He just learned yesterday how to blow on them and make it dissappear.
then he found a cat...
then we finally made it to the bridge...

then he wandered off and found a stick...

and some more rocks.

then mom couldn't take it anymore and walked him back to the wagon (wich I pulled empty the whole time!) It was worth it because I got a big long hug from him.

Before we picked up Whitney I decided to cut Travis' hair. Since he was actually sitting mostly still this time I buzzed him in hopes that I wouldn't have to do another hair cut in a while - but it was sad to see all that cute hair go.

before:

after:

6 comments:

Melissa O said...

He is seriously one of the cutest kids. Good job Melanie. He totally looks like you. HEE HEE

Kristin said...

I cannot get over how big he is now! I swear he's just a little baby. Looks like you guys had fun - he's a cutie!

Unknown said...

He looks so much like Aaron Mel!

Tricia said...

I love that you took it so slow. I have a hard time with that. I'm telling you Melanie you are my hero. We should get our boys together. Gannon is starting to drive me nuts...I am not the great entertainer he would like me to be.

The Pyne's said...

Melanie, he's a DOLL!! What a cute little boy he is. Loved all the cute pictures you took of him doing everything, good memories!

Amy Schelin said...

Can you package him up and send him to me? Please?!