Monday, December 31, 2012

Beginning of December

We jump started our Christmas activities with a favorite.  Gingerbread Houses.  This year we kept it simple.  which was just right for me :)

 Then it was onto our Christmas party.  Both Whit and Trav invited about 6 neighbor kids, plus Hailey invited Ashlynn her BFF = lots of kids!  We made a sweet Grinch pinata....man was he stubborn....we had to finally tear him open.  Note to self, chose a flimsy box if using poster paper to cover it :)

We played Christmas bingo, decorated gingerbread men, did stickers and made bracelets, played a present game and finally the pinata.  It was a lot of activities and never a dull moment!  I was truly grateful that the weather was still so nice so the kids to run around outside in between activities.  In the end, I think they all had a blast. 
 We got antsy to begin our basement project.  So fun to finally see progress!  It is now all mostly framed and ready for the next stage.  I'm weird, I really enjoy this kind of stuff.  I would go non-stop if it weren't for those meddling kids :)
 Snow finally came again and we got some good snow play in.  A couple snowmen and snow football games is a great way to spend our December.

No comments: