Sunday, March 18, 2012

She's Here!

So, three weeks ago today I started feeling like it might be my lucky day. After my doctor telling me he wouldn't induce me I decided most activities were now free game. On Saturday me and Travis played almost every sport for a big tournament. Basketball, soccer, football, tennis. I think it was the football that did it :) My stomach was tight the rest of the day. Around the middle of the night contractions started. Which made me happy :)

I took a long walk with the kids Sunday morning hoping the contractions would continue . . . and they did. By 1:00 I went to church with contractions about every 15 - 20 minutes for around 40 seconds. I was happy it wasn't back labor and the contractions were very doable. After church we visited a YW and I decided to walk home - that did it! Boy did I feel it after that. About an hour later we called a friend over to watch the kids until my mom could come and headed for the hospital.

Everything went amazingly well and smooth. My epidural was the best yet. Ashley did awesome. She arrived at 12:55 am monday morning. 7 lbs. 8 oz. 19.5 inches. It feels so great to have her here - healthy and happy!










We had fun visitors that made the hospital more exciting. My personal favorite being my kids coming - although Lindsay and Jared bringing me candy was a close second :)









Whitney was anxious to hold her and is still my second mom.




So glad you are here Ashley!

5 comments:

Gunn Family said...

Congrats Mel!! She is adorable. And you look amazing!! Can't wait to meet her!!

Unknown said...

I've always loved the name Ashley! You look freaking awesome in your hospital pics as well! MIss ya girl

Shorter family said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable!! 2 more weeks for me! Good luck with everything!
-Jessica

The Moores said...

YAY Congratulations! She is beautiful, I hope you are feeling good.

Kristin said...

Aw, look at your adorable family! Love your cute little babe, Mel. So happy for you guys!