Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Different view

Minutes ago I snuck into the cupboard to get a bowl. Alright I didn't really sneak, but the kids were down, house was clean, and Aaron was at basketball. Icecream sounded like a great way to celebrate! As I pulled the bowl out I whacked my elbow on the cupboard. It hurt - but I've had much worse. Was was funny was the first thought that came to my mind.

When I was about six or so me and my brother stood in the kitchen watching my mom get icecubes out of the freezer. She was an awesome mom, getting the necessary ice to cool our soup down before we ate it. Then, she fell. Not a trip fall. A, my body is unconscious fall. Me and my brother started laughing as she "played dead" on the floor. What a funny mom to fall and pretend dead at a moment like this. As she came too we realized that her act, and the broken glasses on the floor, weren't really an act. She had hit her funny bone so hard that she fainted.

What made me laugh tonight was that now I could see it from her perspective. The hussle and bussle of taking care of kids over yourself and then boom, your on the ground. Next thing you know you've got a massive headache, your glasses are broken, and your kids are staring at you half laughing still. What a weird memory of mine - and what a weird experience that would be.

Yes, I'm sure you feel enlightened for reading this. Happy March. I'm going to eat my icecream now. (magic shell on top - unbeatable!)

2 comments:

Melissa O said...

Oh my heck I laughed out loud at this. Not because anyone was hurt, but thinking of you and your brother laughing at your mom while she is laying there out cold.

Emily said...

I didn't know you could pass out from hitting your funny bone too hard! Weird -- and ouch!
Yes, Happy March. May Spring come soon!!!!!