I'm still a little in denial - I can't believe my little toddler is 4. He has grown up so much this past year. Not just in his demeanor, but he hit a growth spurt too! He still can melt my heart, he loves to snuggles, fight bad guys, play monster trucks, eat popcorn and play sports.
His birthday actually started a day early with a playgroup birthday party. He was so funny. Would not leave this spot until everyone arrived. He'd see them come, go and greet them, then return to his look-out until everyone was accounted for.
Not budging.
This was the start of the games. This was "pin the teeth on Mater." Gannon is making sure Travis doesn't peek.

The end result = a lot of peekers!

It was quite the crew and party. I think the kids had a blast. I'm pretty sure I'd go crazy trying to control that kind of chaos on a regular basis. Put me directly into a pshyc ward if I want to run a daycare!

Eating the birthday cars and spiderman cupcakes.

Hailey dug in too.

Opening presents, not that REALLY was a concept for four year olds to grasp. Travis was thirlled with his load of car presents! They all knew him well.

Gracie, his BFF neighbor handing him her present.

On Saturday, his real birthday, we woke up and decided how to celebrate. Swimming! I love that Lindsay and Jared and Trae are always up for an adventure - they turned our play into a party. Thanks guys. Here's the daddy's and midgets. I love that Trae and Hailey are checking eachother out. Can you tell there is a 6 month difference between these two? I think not.

Trae was an amazing trooper. That kid is gold. I also love that the water effect makes Hailey's legs look even shorter, a task I didn't know was possible.
Hailey loved it! It was like a huge bathtub with so much to discover. We're in for a great summer if this continues.
Birthday boy soaking it up.

Part of the crew
This is about attempt #7 - We tried to get a pic of Trae and Hailey in their patriotic swimwear - don't think they were interested, poor Trae had to deal with Hailey wanting to explore his hair or face or trying to escape.
We stopped by Aaron's office on the way back for cake and presents.
Big shocker.......what do you think he wanted his cake to be? Has it ever been different? Da Cars.
Blowing out the candles was a task. I think the cake was part spit afterwards. Note to self: Don't put the candles in the four corners of a cake for a four year old. Close together in one spot!

Excited to open presents!









4 comments:
Ahh, little Travis is so grown up! I can't believe he's four. It looks like he had an awesome celebration though -- cars, cars and more cars! Happy Birthday, buddy!
That is one cute little stud! I can't believe he's 4. That must mean it's been about 4 years since I saw you. Um, what?! I am going to be in Utah soon so I'll email you.
Oh it's ON SISTA!! Blog war of awkward candid shots is on! Bring it. Haha, kidding. Such a blast being with you guys!
Great times! :)
Post a Comment