Sunday, January 23, 2011

Idaho

We took advantage of a couple days off school last weekend and headed to Idaho. We didn't get a chance to make it up there over Christmas break, so it was really nice to see family and get some mountain snow playtime.
The kids had a blast sledding and being with Grandma and Grandpa and Cousins.
Friday we wasted no time in building an "igloo." Travis was pretty excited about it. He was given a hammer and hammered the snow for about an hour straight. Aaron called him Ukon Cornileous (Hammer man from Rudolph movie).
Here's Aaron going down the slide to the igloo.



The is also known as the tiger house.


Whitney and Travis chillin' on the bench


View of the entrance.

Mini sled hill

Skating like barbie


Result =


We had SUCH a good time. Sometimes there is something so nice about getting away from the usual world and focusing on family fun. Loved it! My father-in-law also gave me a chance to skate ski. It was awesome. I'm determined to get good at it and do it a lot one day when I have the freedom to. Aaron took me on quite the night snowmobile ride - I even experienced the digging ourselves out of powder up to our waist. Not that fun. Thanks mom and dad and family for the fun. It was great to see and play with everyone and just enjoy a vacation!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That looked like so much fun. It's been quite a while since I've built a snow igloo...and I didn't have Ukon Cornilious to help. Bummer.
Miss you guys!