So every winter - to help me endure through it- for the last several years I've read a book series. Such as Work and The Glory, Harry Potter, and now Twilight. To be honest I laughed at people who told me what the book was about and liked it. Really? A book about falling in love with a vampire? I vant to suck your blood? But I finally gave in around November with all the twilight movie hoopla and started reading. The general story line still cracks me up - I'm just WAY to different from Bella to understand not caring about your own life anymore because this vampire guy in unbelievably hot. But I must admit. I enjoyed reading the book. She is a gifted writer to could hold my attention and leave me wanting to enter the world she created again.....not an easy task with my attention span.
So yes, I liked the books....mostly. Enough to have several vampire dreams when I was reading around the clock. But then a couple days ago I FINALLY went to see the movie. I went by myself one night to Spanish 8 theatre = me and 5 other people in the theatre. Oh wow, sorry but it was hideous. Jasper was an amazing actor - how he kept that same I'm being shocked facial expression the ENTIRE movie is unbelievable :) But my favorite part - one that still makes me laugh when I think about it- is when Bella is riding on Edwards back while running. It doesn't help that Edwards marble muscular body really looked like a 6 foot tall woman's body, but it was as if I could see the cord carrying him through the forest while he moved his legs pretending to run. It was like a scene out of Peter Pan performing live. There were just just too many uncomfortably bad scenes and too much in slow motion for my taste. I'm sorry if this has offended anyone who might be a huge fan. I'm usually very easily pleased with movies, but I walked out of the theatre unable to hold in the laughter - yep walked out of the theatre laughing to myself, if anyone was there, they would've thought I was a loon!!
Fun Box
3 months ago




4 comments:
I completely agree. The books were amazing but the movie was retarded...though i dont think it was the actors fault.
I just started reading those books, too. My friend Jenn is making me read them, and I actually find them really irritating. They are written well...blah, blah, blah but Bella is such a turd sometimes and I just don't find anything in common with her so it's hard to relate! So, I'm trying to finish the fourth book and I'm finding it difficult to really get into it. It's kinda disturbing! Ok...I'm done venting right now. Sorry to ruin your beautiful blog!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Yay. I totally agree. I did make it all the way through the books, but for the most part I thought it was a pretty dumb premise. Falling madlessly, obbsessively in love with someone strickly on looks is so...6th grade.
I haven't bothered to see the movie, and now I'm glad I didn't waste the $8!
Oh, too funny Mel. the movie was definitely not as good as the books, but I do think that if they had a bigger budget, it wouldn't have looked so...low budget, I guess.
I am laughing at Christa's comment because I felt the EXACT same way about Bella. She is a turd. Her personality makes me want to scream. As the series went on, I became more and more annoyed with her. She is by far my least favorite character.
I have heard many people say her book The Host is better.
Post a Comment