Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shalom!


Last Saturday night me and Lindsay made a surprise pick-up at the airport. My mom and dad were coming in from Israel and were going to rent a car to get home (probably since they were coming in so late, my mom is to polite to ask!). We had no idea what airline they were coming in on or flight number. The only bit of information we had was that mom had told both Lindsay and Lori that they got in at 11 pm. That Saturday I had my hesitations, since we weren't so sure we would find them, but luckily Lindsay is adventurous, so we went. We manned both baggage claims and had walkie talkies to communicate. We figured we had a long night of waiting ahead of us since we arrived early at 10 after 10. It's a good thing we came early though, not even 3 min. after me and Lindsay split she started yelling something exciting over the walkie talkies, I thought she was pulling my leg but sure enough - at 10:15 Bebbo and Lyle showed up. Good thing we got there early!! It was an absolute blast to see the excitement on their faces as they talked about their trip and to hear some of their experiences. This trip was long due for them, since they have sent 3 of their kids to BYU Jerusalem. For me it was a life-changing experience, a definite highlight of my life, and I was thrilled to see it was an awesome experience for them. Thanks mom and dad for the fun, the stories, and continuing the party into Sunday. I had an absolute blast!

4 comments:

Melissa O said...

I love surprising people like that.

Terra said...

What a great surprise! I am so happy for your mom and dad - what a cool experience for them. I bet the experiences you have over there are once in a lifetime. We would love to go someday.

The Moores said...

So Fun!! I bet your parents loved it! My parents said it was a great trip too, everybody had a good time!

Gunn Family said...

How fun! I am sure it was the perfect suprise after a long flight! What a trip. That's definetly one on my to do list.