I definitely had some benefits of coming home from vacation early. The Saturday after we got home (when we were supposed to be flying) on my way to a soccer game I noticed a neighbor selling a sweet air hockey table in a yard sale. I called Aaron and told him to check it out. We bought it and our kids love it...they're a lot better than I expected too.
Later that afternoon I talked Aaron into going to this workout equipment discount store, we must've felt like big spenders, because I walked away with a sweet treadmill (one with a built in TV and mp3 player dock...for a steal of a price), and a huge weight set. I'm in love with my new workout room and have loved all the added exercises I can do now to switch things up. If only I had a finished basement and some more free time I could start being a personal trainer again.



Last Wednesday It was my turn to host Whitney's play group. It's once a week from 10-2 with 7 girls. I thought I was in for it, but it went really well. All the girls are really cute. Travis loved that he got to stay and play this time and the girls loved that he would be the bad guy chasing them around the house. At lunch everyone wanted to pray....so we all did.... at the same time. I know, I know, that's not how it's supposed to be done, perhaps sacrilegious, but heavenly father hears all our prayers right? It was pretty funny though, definately a highlight. Whitney has seemed so grown up lately, and seeing her playing with all the girls rubbed it in my face that much more. I've found myself not looking forward to her growing up and going to school....then real life begins. I really just want to enjoy having my kids at home with me as long as I can (but I refuse at this point to homeschool, that won't happen!). How nice it is to wake up, take our time, go running, playground, popscicles, walks, toy store, ect.... without worrying about anything except nap time! My life is so good right now, life is great!





6 comments:
I have never been able to pick a favorite season but this year I decided it is fall. I hear ya...life is good and so is the weather!
Melanie! Of course I remember you. I am glad to see you're doing well. Your kids are adorable. We need to get together. I am still living with Rachel Lewis and we'd love to see you! By the way, I LOVE fall too... and the spring.
What a great post! I too am loving this month! Your blogs are always full of so much energy and excitment! I love it! Enjoy whats left of this gorgeous fall weather!
Nice set up! I love good deals....we too got a steal on a nice treadmill and elyptical at the DI for $25 each, I mean of course they aren't AS nice as your sweat new ones but they work. Now I just have to actually get on them and use them! Loved the cute pictures of your little playgroup party. How fun girls are (not that I have any, but you know what I mean). And loving the fall too. Can't wait for the leaves to all start changing!
Hey Mel! How is my long, lost soccer pal? I am so glad that I found ya off of Carrie's blog. There have been so many times that I have wondered how you were and what you have been up to. And I must agree, September has been a great month this year with beautiful weather! I also can't wait for October and for the leaves to change!! Keep in touch! Missy
Hey ya shopaholic. Nice. Personal Training....I am totally in. I'd hire you in a second.
Post a Comment