Sunday, September 14, 2008

Aaron's Jinx

When me and Aaron were dating - well, at the beginning stages, we once went to the Riviera lobby with a couple other people and played some doubles ping pong. I was definitely more into having fun at this time than hard core ping pong competition. Apparently Aaron was so appalled with my ping pong skills he didn't know if he could date me anymore (what guy ever makes that an issue?). Anyway, obviously I didn't hear this story until after we were married and attempted to play ping pong again - when I did hear the story I was ticked, because....honestly, who says they wouldn't date someone because of their ping pong skills.

So ever since I heard the story, which was after I schooled him the second time we ever played, I made it a priority to NEVER let Aaron beat me in ping pong, just so I could smirk a comment at the end of "you wouldn't date me if....." Well, it's worked, and although I haven't completely shut him out, he has beat me only once, I have pretty much schooled him in ping pong. It is a healthy competition - one that produced a score of me beating his trash today twice : 21-12, 21-3. That's right folks, 21-3. Never judge a girls ping pong skills while playing doubles!

7 comments:

Lacy said...

Its OK-Matt thought about dumping me because I didn't like basketball enough!

Kristin said...

Ha! That's hilarious! Awesome score - keep that winning streak up!

Jeff said...

I've seen you too play sports together, the idea of "healthy competition" isnt exactly the first thing that comes to mind :) I'm thinking your marriage would be best served by using the table to firewood.

Missy said...

Mel it's Missy I found you through Carrie's blog. Your kids are so cute. It's weird to see everyone with kids. We should get together sometime it's been way to long.

Candice said...

I love it!
I found your blog through ballard's. It's so fun finding people and keeping up with them and their cute family.
Send your e-mail and I'll sent my blog link.

Gunn Family said...

Way to go! If you ever want to get beat really bad call my Dad. (All the years at the nuddist colony with grandpa..he hid behind the ping pong table and got really good!)True story!!

Tricia said...

That is too funny! Once when I was about 15 my aunt told me I should never beat a boy at anything. I thought "what the crap?" (sorry for the language) and vowed I would do all I could to never let a boy beat ME!